Saturday, November 18, 2006

thoughts du jour

I'm at NYWC in Cincinnati and just have a quick minute here...

1. We're on the top floor of an incredible restored hotel, upgraded for free...and that's not even the best part. The best part is we've got Crabtree & Evelyn amenities--the standard two soaps, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, plus optional shower cap--AND a toiletry kit and peppermint mouth wash. I think I might have to move in.

2. Yesterday I had the brilliant idea of walking down the stairs (we're on the 29th floor, which could be worse, but still) for our daily exercise. Today my legs hurt, and that might be an understatement.

3. You've probably seen this, but just in case, take a look. It's frightening that the image our youth are desperately trying to replicate doesn't even exist.

4. I didn't even know it, but I so needed this conference. This is the sixth one we've attended in the past seven years, so I thought it would be old stuff by now. But so much is fresh and real and exactly what I needed.

5. Not only is David Crowder an unbelievably talented musician, he's fabulously funny.

1 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

I am glad you had a good time-that video was really eye opening.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home