Monday, November 13, 2006

Belatedness+Selfishness=Me

Okay, so once upon a long time ago in May when we moved into this place, my MIL stayed back at the old place for a few hours and cleaned it out. No, you can't have her. She's mine.

And in gratitude, I'd planned on making her a jewelry something of sorts, with just the right blend of delicate and earthy.

But first, I had to give her the twenty questions on what she craves in a piece of jewelry.

And then I had to order more coppery-brown beads.

And then I had to lose my stringing material and purchase more of that.

And then I got fed up with my pliers and bought new pair.

And then I needed more sterling head pins.

And then (of course), I had to obsess over the design element for a few days.

And once I finally started, I had to restring the thing a good six times before it was oh-just-right.



So now, six months later, here it is:






Just a sneak peek for y'all.

Plus, I had to post this here because I fell so crazy in love with the thing that I almost kept it for myself. I'd still like to keep it for myself. It looks lovely on me.

But now that you all have seen this post, I am duty-bound to fork it over. Sigh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right!! Fork it over!! Your MIL is excited about her new piece of "bling" She will think of you whenever she wears it. Try not to envy her too much. But just so you know, she is always ready to help you even without a reward. But you can't take back this one, no matter how good it looks on you.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Kindra said...

Mom- I'd be ok if you NEVER said the word "bling" again!!!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Todd Owens said...

I COMPLETELY agree with my sister on this one!

4:05 PM  
Blogger kris said...

Um..without reading Kin's post I gawked about the work-'bling'. Oh mom! Oh-and I love the necklace!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home