Saturday, August 12, 2006

Pining for Aunthood

Okay, so we’ve all heard the adage, “Always a bridesmaid, never a bride,” right? Well, now you have. I’m like the opposite of that in terms of parenthood.

Hang with me here, I’m about to make sense.

See, I’m always a mother, never an aunt. Seriously. We show up at, say, Christmas, or 4th of July or something, and I realize: I’m the only one having kids around this place.

So now that I’m really done having kids (the last two times I said that, I was apparently just kidding), I’ve been hoping--ironically--for a baby. Preferably the very-cute-related-to-me kind of baby that goes home to someone else’s place to wake them up at 2:00 in the morning. That kind.

My side of the family offers zero hope, since Noel is apparently allergic to marriage, and Nate has (wisely) opted not to have kids, for fear that they will turn out like him.

But. We have light at the end of the tunnel, folks.

(Insert drumroll) And so I hereby award 80 points to Kindra for making me an aunt. (Okay, Seth gets five points for having something to do with it.) She is due in March (yippee!) and she doesn’t look pregnant yet, but I am confident she will be very cute.

Aunthood, here I come.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm more afraid of having a daughter that would turn out like my wife who would then date, or worse, marry a man like me.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Kindra said...

That's right folks, a much deserved 80 points was just tossed my way...I do believe that puts me in the lead! You know Nic, I only had your best interest in mind when planning this whole thing out. That is why I am the best sister-in-law :)

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home