Thursday, August 03, 2006

Stolen meme

Okay, so I got this from Sara, aka the bluecanopy, whose blog I sometimes read and who doesn't know I exist. But Sara, if you ever stumble across this post, thanks. It was fun.

1. FIRST NAME: Nicole
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Uh...I don’t think so. Was I?
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Sunday, in church (in spite of the fact that I really despise crying in public).
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I used to. It’s kind of evolved into this rushed mess of a thing these days, and even when I slow down I can’t get it to look like it did when I first married.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Roast beef from the deli counter, probably because it’s so expensive that I like never have it.
6. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Um, that would be an understatement.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Hmm...maybe, if I ever got to know me. Chances are pretty good I’d just refer to me as the lady with ten thousand kids.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Just this blog.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Not so much anymore. It’s cutting, and I’m trying to be kinder than that.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yep. I think.
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Depends. I was a lot more daring pre-kids.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Crispix.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No. Which drives my husband insane.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? In what sense? Yes, I tend to think I’m strong, but this belief is interspersed with episodes of crushing helplessness.
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? At the moment, Breyer’s Light Mocha Silk something-or-other.
16. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their breath. Seriously, I don’t know. Probably the way they carry themselves.
17. RED OR PINK? The lesser of two evils: pink.
18. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My self-absorbancy.
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I go through these phases of intense, to-the-bone, longing for people. Right now it’s for my high school friends.
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Uh, yah. Either email it or post it as a comment, or better yet, start a blog of your own (ahem, Kindra. Kristin too).
21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES YOU ARE WEARING? White AE boxers with Carribbean colored tropical print, no shoes. Ah, the blessedness of working from home.
22. THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Chocolate milk, does that count?
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? A tv duet by Ernie and Big Bird; Em crying because he can’t eat his Cocoa Pebbles in the living room.
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Some kind of a muted blue.
25. FAVORITE SMELL? Hmmm...that’s a tough one. Here are a few: morning ocean, Elle’s hair when she’s warm, fruit pies baking, lilacs in June.
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My madre, last night.
27. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Well, technically, she didn’t send it to me, I more like lurked around her blog and stole it, plus I don’t know her, but she seems like a decent sort.
28. FAVORITE DRINK: hot chocolate, Mexican style
29. FAVORITE SPORT: soccer (like there's any other sport)
30. HAIR COLOR? boring brown
31. EYE COLOR? equally boring brown
32. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? If I didn’t, I couldn’t be answering this question.
33. FAVORITE FOOD? um...ice cream? steak? I love tortilla soup.
34. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? No scary movies for me.
35. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Bringing Down the House (on video, free from the library. Good thing it was free).
36. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? grey
37. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, although I really prefer autumn.
38. HUGS OR KISSES? Depends on whose doing the hugging and kissing. Mostly hugs I guess.
39. FAVORITE DESSERT? oh goodness, are you really making me choose? Hmmm...I really like these Dole fruit bars (frozen chunks of fruit) cloaked in dark chocolate...but of course they don’t make them anymore...sigh. And it was even sort-of healthy.
40. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Kristin
41. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Poley
42. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? Other than the Bible? Ummm...Blue Like Jazz (or maybe I finished that one...it's been a while)
43. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? support.dell.com (hey, it was free)
44. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Todd was watching some kind of comedian reality show, and CSI, so I sort of watched a little bit here and there.
45. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Rain, the ocean at night, Elle singing her way through life or saying the word Milk (“milp”)
46. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Who? haha...seriously, I’m too young.
47. THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? I don’t know, how far is Spain from Hawaii? Ten thousand miles?
48. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Uh...I can bend my thumbs back at the first knuckle to a 90 degree angle...does that count?

Okay, folks, get to it.

4 Comments:

Blogger nic said...

hmmmm...i'm thinkin maybe we need to have a family talent show. this could be a sell-out event!! love "fountain beverage" by the way...so start blogging, girl!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Todd Owens said...

I am going to take a different route here. I am going to answer these questions for you. A VERY feeble attempt to recoup some of the glory from the myspace debacle.

1. FIRST NAME: Nicole
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Don't know, but would guess last night
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Your handwriting is impeccable, so you should.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? anything fresh from the deli.
6. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yes, and I helped.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes, if for no other reason than to be able to hang out with your dorky husband.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Yes, just not one you use anymore.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Not so much anymore.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes, I looked.
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Before kids, in a heartbeat, It would only take a dare.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Crispix with Nesquik on it.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No. Which is the exact thing my husband does. Just look at my shoes.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically, not as much as you used to be...my shins are grateful. Emotionally, spiritually...yes
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Chocolate...preferably Breyers.
16. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? How they carry themselves.
17. RED OR PINK? Neither.
18. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Lack of certainty about what to do with your life.
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Parents and Gina.
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? That is why I'm doing this.
21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES YOU ARE WEARING? A pair of my boxers that my fat behind cannot fit into comfortably. No shoes, local style.
22. THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Ice cream...currently eating it.
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? You..silence...me, Em whispering to Zee about their new secret plan (supposed to be sleeping)
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? One of those crayons that changes colors after several uses.
25. FAVORITE SMELL? Should be my natural pleasantness, but I would say fresh baked bread.
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Me, telling me to hurry up and get home so you can do the things you need to do.
27. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? (Me speaking): I am head-over-heels for her.
28. FAVORITE DRINK: Anything chocolate
29. FAVORITE SPORT: soccer
30. HAIR COLOR? brown
31. EYE COLOR? mezmorizing brown
32. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Blind without them.
33. FAVORITE FOOD? chocolate.
34. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Definetly happy endings.
35. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? United Flight 93 or the teeth brushing video
36. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? white
37. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, winters can just go away.
38. HUGS OR KISSES? goodnight kisses from Elle.
39. FAVORITE DESSERT? more chocolate.
40. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Kristin
41. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Hillary Clinton
42. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? The mermaid chair
43. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? support.dell.com (hey, it was free)
44. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Without a trace because the hubby was watching it.
45. FAVORITE SOUNDS? anything Elle says
46. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Who? haha...seriously, I’m too young. (that was about right)
47. THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Portugal is actually further from Hawaii than Spain (nope, just looked it up, you were right, surprise there, it is spain)
48. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Your arms bend the wrong way

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome mom in law said...
1. FIRST NAME: Jodene - uck
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? hopefully not
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? m-m-m I shed a "few" tears now and then, but haven't had a really good cry for awhile
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? hate it, thank goodness for computers.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? don't really like lunch meat
6. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? amazing ones - in laws included!!
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? m-m-m tough one since I don't really have close friends, but I'm good for a laugh at times.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? I probably have numberous ones, I just never use them much
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Who me?
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? nope
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I think I would, all though my joints might break apart
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? lately - oatmeal, but would rather be eating ones with LOTS of sugar
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? most of mine are slip ons--- much easier
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? physically -- better since exercise, emotionally --I like people to think I am. I'm not comfortable showing emotions
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? one with chocolate and some berries m-m-m I'm dreaming of Sheridan's razzle dazzle
16. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? I'm not sure
17. RED OR PINK? red
18. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? oh brother, how long do you have? probably my mouth --it gets me in trouble,
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Parents, I would love for them to see the grandkids
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? I'm such a good mom in law
21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES YOU ARE WEARING? denim --love jeans, no shoes or socks.
22. THE LAST THING YOU ATE? some lower cal baked chips -- not so good
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? the show What Not to Wear
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? some kind or blue-- but not one of the regular blues
25. FAVORITE SMELL? baked goods, flavored coffee, and lilacs
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Kristin
27. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? love her to death
28. FAVORITE DRINK: lately Chai tea
29. FAVORITE SPORT: anything my kids or grandkids are playing
30. HAIR COLOR? real or fake?
31. EYE COLOR? green/blue
32. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? just one
33. FAVORITE FOOD? pizza
34. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? happy endings always
35. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? on TV - You've Got Mail -- again
36. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? tan
37. SUMMER OR WINTER? prob summer, but I like snow at Christmas -- then it can go away
38. HUGS OR KISSES? hugs, especialy from hubby and grandkids
39. FAVORITE DESSERT? strawberry shortcake -- the shortcake being old fashioned biscuits
40. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? We all agree -- Kristin
41. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? obviously no me
42. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? I am behind with my reading -- but Captivated, and Beth Moore
43. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? my finger, since I don't have a mouse pad
44. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? You've Got Mail
45. FAVORITE SOUNDS? worship music, and laughter
46. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Who? okay, so I remember them, but didn't like either one
47. THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Kenya
48. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? mixing words up -- hernia, hemmorioid, -- whatever

3:11 PM  
Blogger nic said...

okay, so it's funny that we all agree that Kristin would be the most likely to respond...(this is the part where someone nudges Kristin in a not-so-subtle way)

and hey, never knew hfm only wears one contact. oh the things you learn about people.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home