Friday, August 11, 2006

Punctuation is for the birds

My definition of a mid life crisis is when you wonder if this really is indeed your life and what exactly you were doing while it got this way

This is me currently except that I use the term mid life rather loosely as I do aspire to live past fifty-nine

But

Sometimes in the dead of night I imagine I once held a big bright bottle of Potential but it toppled somewhere along the way and now the sparkling stuff slips through my cupped hands as through a sieve and the drip drip dripping ticks off the seconds of my life

Because

These days all my old school chums are a variety of doctors with a lawyer or two sprinkled in for good measure and back then I beat them all

every
single
one

but now that they are doctorly lawerly folk and I am just me I think this means that I am losing except I can’t decide whether or not to care

5 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

lawyers-shmoyers

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had much to say about this blog, but am still figuring all of this stuff out. Let's see if this works first.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, that worked so let me really say what I want :-) I am amazed when my daughter in law thinks that she ----how should I say it? --- isn't "successful"? She amazes me!! She is a AWESOME mom, way beyond where I was at her age. A wonderul wife to my favorite son (Seth, you are my SON IN LAW), a published author, an artist, a musician, a great cook,runs her own business (I am watching for the sweettea line to be in stores) and I could go on and on. On top of all that, she is an amazing "woman of God". AND, at the ripe old age of 29, I think there is still time to go back to school (if she wants), and with her smarts, she could become BOTH a lawyer and doctor. Of course the best thing about her is that she married into the MOST FUN family EVER.

4:15 PM  
Blogger nic said...

thanks, guys...er, gals.

i s'pose it probably seems like i was desperate for reassurance or something...mostly i just wanted to type how i felt, but i am grateful for your kind words :)

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry babe --- I don't want you to not be able to say how you "feel" I understand! I just wanted to make sure you REALLY understand how awesome you are.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home