Sunday, July 16, 2006

Things with which I harbor an unhealthy obsession

1. Hats and purses. Those of you who Know Me Personally are checking to see if you’re reading the right blog because you know that: a) I haven’t worn a hat since 1952, and b) I own all of one purse (in a yummy shade of kiwi that matches absolutely nothing). But. If you think about two seconds longer, it will dawn on you that (of course) I am not talking about hats and purses for me. I am talking about hats and purses for Elle.

The sad and sorry truth is that ever since Elle was born, shopping for myself has ceased. I see lovely women’s polka dotted knee socks trimmed with eyelet and ribbons and instantly I wonder where I might find such socks for Elle.

I don’t know if this happens to normal people, or if this malady is limited to those of us whose fourth child is (finally) a girl. But here it is, and, far as I can tell, it’s not going away. So.

Elle has ended up with a delightful collection of hats that, truly, she does like. It’s not so much that she likes wearing them, as it is that she likes putting them on and taking them off. More of a dress-up type activity, and not a cheap one at that.


Her purse collection has just begun, but is destined to exponentially reproduce. The ones she has now are ruffled, flowered, teeny little things in which she places such trinkets as Daddy's keys and cell phone and wallet. It is great fun for everyone but Daddy.

And now I can see that what started out as A List has turned into A Rambling of Sorts, or worse yet, A Digression. So we shall try for number two tomorrow. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home