Saturday, September 30, 2006

Why I’m grateful

for my husband:

1. I have severe tendencies toward cynicism, arrogance, self-absorbancy, obstinateness. And yet he’s still here.
2. Not only does he not mind when I borrow his Hawaiian-print boxer shorts, he thinks it’s cute. Or maybe this is just what he tells himself so he won’t mind. Hmmmn.
3. He buys me chocolate. (This is a critical quality in a spouse.)
4. He loves God.
5. He loves me.
6. He loves our kids.
7. He’s kind. And he’s mellow. And that might seem like a silly thing, but compared to the harsh brutality in which many people exist, this is huge.
8. He’s got the longest eyelashes I’ve ever seen, with the perfect amount of curve. No wait, that’s what annoys me about him. Sorry, wrong list.
9. He’s blind in the most endearing of ways. As in he thinks I’m hot, in spite of the fact that I’m, well, me.
10. He also thinks I’m smart and funny. Or maybe he just lets me think he thinks I’m smart and funny. In any case, he doesn’t seem to mind that I over-analyze everything.
11. He loads the dishwasher at night. And he shows up when he says he will. And he’s a natural in the spotlight. And a jillion other things, but I’m liking the number eleven today so we'll end here.


Which is why.

1 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

Yeah for my big brother! And yeah that you are so lovable!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home