Monday, September 11, 2006

What I love: Early sun

...the first brushes of dawn, with fingerlings of new sun just beginning to cup the earth, gaining color, trying themselves out.

Though I admit I’ve forgotten how to be a morning person and am rarely conscious during this display, but never mind that.

(Note the lack of an accompanying picture. The original idea was to get up at 6 and try a few dawn photos, but the problem, as it turned out, was that I also love a good book. So I was up till 2:38 finishing The Secret Life of Bees. Sorry.)

2 Comments:

Blogger nic said...

So I was waiting for someone to comment on my unconventional use of "fingerlings," but it turns out you are all too polite. LOL.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just figured that coming from my super cool, intelligent, creative daughter-in-law, that it was just another wonderful way to say something and was a word that just "I" didn't know :-)

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home