Monday, September 04, 2006

In celebration of Labor Day

I thought it might be mildly amusing to start a labor-related meme.

FIRST JOB: Classroom custodian, age 14 (the epitome of boring, but still a paid 90 minutes of solitude each afternoon).

WORST JOB: Greeter girl at Express, age 17. Time. Went. By. So. Slow. Ly.

SHORTEST LABOR: With Elle, about two hours from the time we arrived at the hospital. Although the contractions officially started about three months before that.

DREAM OCCUPATION: Ice Cream Tester. Speaking of which, I googled Ice Cream Tester just to see exactly who it is I'm coveting, and I happened across this personality test. Can't recommend it based on fun-quotient (questions were reminiscent of teen mag tests, uck), but here are my results:

CHERRY GARCIA!
You scored 70% SWEET, 59% CHUNKY, and 55% UNIQUE!
cherry sweet cream base with cherries and fudge chunks

Awesome...you are one of my personal favs: Cherry Garcia. You fall in the middle on all measurements- sweet, wild, and unique, but not overwhelmingly so on any of those. You make a good friend, able to share your unique perspectives on things, and able to have fun without winding up in jail or something. Good job.


(Not sure how I feel about having a chunky rating, but good to know I'm not likely to do a significant amount of jail time as I don't much like bright orange.)

OCCUPATIONS I'D LIKE TO TRY FOR ABOUT SIX MONTHS IF THIS WERE ECONOMICALLY FEASIBLE:
Cake decorator, lawyer (get paid to argue?!?! How sweet is that!), pro soccer player (although it would take them like 6 seconds to permanently bench me), potter, interior decorator, bakery owner (with a thick-glass display case of oversized cupcakes iced w/buttercream frosting and old-fashioned sprinkles), wedding planner (and as a bonus, maybe I could look like Jennifer Lopez for six months!! or not), architect, photographer.

Anyone else?

2 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

Ice cream tester-I am one! And I am so good at it too!
Ben and Jerry's Phish-Food tops my list!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Denny said...

Mowed a neighbor lady's lawn for $5. It was much larger than $5, but I guess I was learning something, or so my dad told me.

Dipped Ice Cream at the Dairy Dream in Muncie for $1.25 per hour at age 14. (And had to pay for everything I ate, not much of a paycheck)

Worked as a stocker at Century Housewares a catalog warehouse in Muncie at age 16.

Those took me through high school.

One of my dream jobs is to be a restaurant critic.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home