Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Ode to an uncle

6.26.06


I have this uncle who keeps letting my addy slip off the bottom of his mailing list, so I thought if I wrote him an ode, I might get myself reinstated.

Somebody go tell him about this, preferably interjecting adjectives like "brilliant" and "witty" into the telling.

Ode to Loren

A poem for a dear, wise uncle of mine
Your toenails are clean and your ears really shine

Your pearly whites hold not one smidgen of plaque
In wit, heart, and stature there's not much you lack

Ninety-nine percent prince and just one percent toad
But now we are done, for I'm all out of ode.

Hmmm. Now that I've written it I'm guessing it's more likely to get me permanently deleted than reinstated. Oh well. I like it; it's staying.

Happy Monday to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home